“I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me.” ~ Donald J. Trump
Oh really? While I could never claim to be a military genius, it’s safe to say that…
Even I know more about ISIS than Donald J. Trump, believe me.
Granted, this post’s discussion will be limited to my general knowledge re the War on Terror’s Rule #1… namely…
One must never throw allies under the bus. However, that’s exactly what the Trumpster is doing.
The 4 – 1 – 1:
• American and Kurdish forces have both been fighting against ISIS within Syria.
• The Kurds have played a major role in helping America defeat ISIS.
• Trump is now pulling U.S. troops out of Syria.
• That will facilitate Turkish prez Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s invasion of Syria.
• With no American protection, the Turks will slaughter the Kurds.
• Trump’s decision to aid and abet Turkey will also aid and abet ISIS.
• With a resurgence of ISIS… well… need anyone say more?
So, what might motivate this sudden change in Trumpian foreign policy? Hmm… might a “little” quid pro quo be in play? Perhaps Erdoğan was able to shovel up some fake dirt on Joe Biden?
Hey, seeing how the Don has been shaking down nations, spanning our entire globe, why would Turkey be an exception?