George W. Bush and Donald J. Trump, two of America’s worst presidents, ever, have much in common. Both…
• wanted the presidency’s title and power but not the responsibilities
• flipped off their advisors’ admonitions and PDBs¹ re a looming crisis
• pissed away valuable lead time / got caught with their knickers down
• caused far too many innocent people to needlessly suffer and perish
• morphed from candy-asses into (make-believe) combative badasses
• orchestrated unconstitutional power grabs to firm up flaccid images
• were rewarded with 2nd terms due to duped and ill-informed voters²
GWB’s deaths involved 9/11 and two utterly needless, endless, no-win wars.
DJT’s deaths (physical / fiscal) involve his ongoing, DIY COVID-19 pandemic.
19 years ago, on this very day, the 9/11 attacks’ official death toll was 2,977
Since 02/06/20, COVID-19’s reported stateside deaths (SO FAR) = 196,328
196,328 ÷ 2,977 = 66
218 ÷ 66 = 3.3
What do those computations mean?
• Those 196,328 deaths are equivalent to 66 9/11’s
• In the 218 days since 02/06/20, that’s one 9/11 every 3 days and 8 hours.
Back on 9/11/2001, re al Qaeda, my homeland’s mood was indignation.
Yet, on 9/11/2020, re COVID-19, the mood seems more like indifference.
Stay Safe at Home! Stay Publicly Masked! Stay Healthy!
¹Presidential Daily Briefing
²Sorry to say, we’re stuck with Dumb Donald for up to
another 25 years and… after that… Dumb Donald Jr.