For anyone who actually gives a damn about public health / saving humanity, it’s impossible to not notice what common sense suggests could be a matter of life and death. Here’s what’s happening.
Now that in-person learning is underway within my community’s public schools, multiple dozens of student athletes have been jogging on the city sidewalks; unmasked and in a too close formation, which could not, possibly, even be approaching bare minimum, social distancing recommendations.
Granted, the medical experts have been claiming that COVID-19, typically, harms old people more than young AND, supposedly, is not particularly communicable outdoors.
Yet, Corona-V is so novel, one has to wonder…
• Do we really know every last damned one of its deadly capabilities?
• What about its adeptness at adapting / evolving into something even worse?
• Who’s to say that outdoor running’s increased, intensified respiration is not a risk factor?
• What if Trump’s bereft of science delusions still dictate Centers for Disease Control health safety protocols?
• Would it not be better to err on the side of caution?
• Since outdoor jogging affords plenty of room, why not triple the recommended social distancing norms?
• Is there a Doctor in the schoolhouse to look out for the well-being of the student body?
• Is there a Doctor in the vast WordPress house who, if warranted, would allay such concerns?
Stay Publicly Masked!
Stay Safe at Home!