Here’s why an online excessive existence is unwise:
Let’s say that we’re overly dependent on:
- Streamed reportage to stay abreast of current events
- Streamed music, movies and TV to amuse / entertain
- Social networks to act as our digital photo repositories
- E-commerce to purchase goods and peddle our wares
- E-banking / E-bill paying to manage all of our finances
Now, let’s say that, someday, some devil-may-care electorate permits a cultist to rise to power; perhaps some narcissistic, fascistic, morbidly obese, bleach blonde, tousled hairdo’d dude with troweled on orange, clown make-up?
To keep it all real, what would stop that asshat from staging a coup d’état? Hey, it’s been tried before!
The top priority of any till-death-do-us-part type tyrant would be to sever all communication. And what could be easier than his throwing the Internet Kill Switch
The net effects of a net-less nation / world being:
- Molded-over fake news; molded to flatter that Fascist bastard
- A dispirited, disconsolate, alienated from loved ones populace
- Consumers unable to secure life’s essential products/services
- Entrepreneurs discovering their E-businesses shuttered tight
- Frozen assets and the consequent inability to pay off creditors
There you have it folks. The unfed minds and bodies; unpaid mortgage/rent and energy bills would, quite literally, leave the huddled, miserable masses out in the cold.
In other words…
To abandon our in-print books, periodicals, newspapers, cardboard covered photo albums, in person theatrical performances / concerts, as well as brick and mortar businesses, could quite easily herald the demise of any robust, full-bodied healthy and happy society.
Exactly how far beyond that it could go, would depend, for the most part, upon the degree of the mercurial tyrant’s zealousness / doggedness.
Stay Publicly / Properly Masked!
Stay Safe at Home!