Excuse my exasperation and skepticism, but, just what the hell is left for real Americans to hope for when the other side of the pandemic involves:
- a looming, climate changed, unfit for humankind, scorched Earth
- mass murderer targeted school houses, houses of worship, etc.
- police departments seething with bigotry, brutality and militancy
- the ever-deepening Have-It-Alls and Have Nothings chasm
- our Supreme/Federal benches overloaded with hardliner rightie judges
- workers forced to endure non-living wages and union busting
- free, fair elections mucked up by anti-American state legislators
- a U.S. Senate hamstrung by DINO’s, the filibuster and parliamentarian
- the too lenient punishment of the January 6th terrorists / their leader DJT
- an electorate comprised of up to 75 million who plot to re-empower DJT
Let’s not mince words. The apparently getting off scot-free (AGAIN) Donald J. Trump has a massive ego, which won’t permit him to pass up another bid for reelection and, come 2024, win or lose, he will wield the power to paint the town; paint America blood red.
In Victory: DJT, obviously, will regain command of the military and will wind up seated atop a nuclear arsenal as considerable as his ass, itself; such deadly power proving more than adequate to enforce his “official” overthrow of Democracy; thereby denying life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness / the entire American Dream to all (save for himself and perhaps his immediate family).
In Defeat: DJT will, once again, dredge up the trope that non-existent, widespread voter fraud had denied him victory and then, promptly rally / deploy his vast private army of domestic terrorists STAT; send these insurrectionists on a bat-crap crazy rampage / assault that’ll likely dwarf what real America witnessed (and barely survived) back on January 6th.
Mr. President, far be it for this man, who voted for you, to tell you how best to live up to your Oath of Office, but, in my (History) book, this is not a Kumbaya Moment; one where your affable, camp counselor / Mister Rogers personae and gentlemanly demeanor will suffice.
That’s about all the strength this true blue, peaceable, private citizen can muster, today.
I sure as hell hope and pray that, when needed, you can summon whatever it takes to keep the peace; to preserve, protect and defend our beloved America.
Wishing you / your loved ones all the best life has to offer,
P.S. ~ Since early 2020, this is how I’ve been ending all my posts…
Stay Publicly / Properly Masked!
Stay Safe at Home!