While former Senator/VP and present-day POTUS wannabe Joe Biden has been stumping up and down the pandemic-redefined virtual campaign trail, it’s a sure bet he’s been feeling distracted by the following matter…
“Tara Reade, a former junior staffer in Joe Biden’s Senate office, has accused the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee of sexually assaulting her in 1993, when she was working as a staff assistant. The Biden campaign denies the accusation and says the alleged incident ‘absolutely did not happen.’” [read more here]
For the Record…
• I deem women to be virtually 100% credible whenever they out a male predator.
• There’s no room for hypocrisy in how society views the accused and/or convicted.
• I’ve blogged against similarly accused Republicans Donald J. Trump and Brett Kavanaugh.
• I’m not about to grant a free-pass to Biden, just because he’s a fellow Democrat.
• Unwelcome touching has gotten him into trouble, before, and this does not help Joe’s case.
• The court of public opinion is never the proper venue for reaching a verdict.
• An arcane congressional hearing would not work, either, due to intense partisanship.
• Only the traditional courtroom’s public jury trial will offer the required transparency.
• The court of law can best protect Joe’s “innocent until proven guilty” / 6th Amendment rights.
The Sixth Amendment: “In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.”
• No trial can expect to see the light of day while enshrouded by a rampaging pandemic’s pall.
• As with Trump and Kavanaugh’s accusers, Reade’s case is a decades old “he said / she said”.
• Would those testifying on Reade’s behalf, appear credible or forgetful on the witness stand?
• Election Day 2020, a scant six months off, provides insufficient time to clear or convict Biden.
• Democrats cannot expect a distracted Biden to effectively debate and defeat Donald J. Trump.
• America needs a role model president, who parents can tell their kiddies to emulate.
• Since CSC, typically, is male gender specific, Democrats must nominate a female.
• 2020 ex-candidates Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar are fully qualified.