Tomorrow it’ll be 18 years since the 9/11 terrorist attacks… since nearly 3,000 souls needlessly perished. What that breech of national security had actually proven is that who sits behind the Oval Office desk really, Really, REALLY does matter. Let’s explore this further by time tripping back to events circa the early 2000s.
• George W. Bush ascends the throne, owing to a corrupt rightwing Supreme Court majority ruling, which flat-out denies presidential wannabe Al Gore his legal right to a Florida ballot recount.
• In the role of the illegitimate prez, W soon realizes that his desire to be POTUS pales in comparison to his lust for that title.
• With such a lousy, lazy attitude, W totally flips off his August 6, 2001 Presidential Daily Briefing. What part of its dire, alarming, headlined warning does he not dig? Check it out…
• The ne’er-do-well prez proceeds to squander five weeks… doesn’t even lift a pinkie finger to beef up homeland security.
• The post 9/11 prez… in political panic mode… on the pretext of capturing ObL… plods onward to wage two, too little, too late, in the wrong “theater”, no-win wars. Along the way he even resorts to torturing / waterboarding the enemies of his own making.
• Next, W and his like-minded, legislative, fascist cronies… on the pretext of beefing up homeland security… all conspire to trot out the U.S. Patriot Act, which, like a vampire, promptly sucks the lifeblood from the body… i.e., the body of the U.S. Constitution.
• W’s legacy in the making? At home we witness the loss of Americans’ precious, sweet liberty. Abroad we discover the stench of war crimes / crimes against humanity and genocide… as well as the oceans of spilt red blood and red ink to wage wars in Afghanistan and Iraq… battles that do not even bring ObL to justice!
• So successful are W’s handlers that, in the “minds” of too many voters, they deem the dullard / coward incumbent a hero… so much so… they foolishly grant him a second term while denying his opponent… genuine war hero John Kerry, his victory.
For them to have bogusly deemed W to be presidential, only proves that some Americans can be groomed into accepting / empowering any disreputable, deplorable dunce imaginable. To prove my point, one need not look any further than the present-day Oval Office.