The League of Human Rights petitioned the French Court to ban the burkini ban because it contravenes civil liberties and upsets Muslims and feminists.
The Conseil d’Etat agreed to suspend this discriminatory law… however smaller minds could yet prevail to reverse this decision.
In that event, millions of rational folks, inclusive of moi, will want to know, exactly, how anything expressed in my limerick, below, makes France any safer.
The nude beach patrol cops from France, Nice,
Enforce dress codes that disturb the peace,
Muslim women feel stress,
When they’re told to undress,
By the gun wielding fashion police!
Following a succession of deadly jihadist attacks in France, 15 municipalities overreacted by banning the burkini (Muslim swimwear). Lately, profiling cops have been knocking themselves out… strictly enforcing this discriminatory beach dress code.
It’s truly astounding that in a society where beachgoers publicly parade around in the buff, we’d find Siam, a harmless Muslim woman, getting harassed for being fully clothed.
The lack of nudity is the real distraction, here. Instead of investigating the truly life-threatening terrorist threats and trying to prevent attacks… here we witness four cops… FOUR ARMED COPS… squandering their time… ordering this woman to strip.
Considering how Nice, France has just been added to the ever-growing list of terrorist attack sites, worldwide, and factoring in how unless the world, itself, comes to an end, there’s absolutely no end in sight re future attacks, elsewhere… here are my…
10 Tough Questions With 0 Easy Answers
1. Are we, the sitting ducks, the potential future victims, starting to experience the early stages of terrorism fatigue?
2. Have we already grown weary of EXISTING in this post 9/11 world? (NOTE: I didn’t say LIVING)
3. Are terrorist attacks starting to lose their shock value?
4. Are we even capable of still experiencing the level of fear that the terrorists expect from us?
5. If we were to ever come face to face with terrorists, would our last words be, “Be sure to do a good job so we don’t survive”?
6. If we were to become fatally wounded victims would each of us find dying to be a liberating experience?
7. If the terrorist attack method would permit such a “luxury”, would our final inhalations result in our exhaled sighs of relief?
8. Would we die with “free at last” smiles on our faces?
9. Is death the one and only way of extricating ourselves from of our Godforsaken, terrorist infested, hellhole of a world?
10. Or… are we secretly beginning to wish our Maker would put an end to this piecemeal slaughter, grow a set and simply blow up the Sun… and then be done with us once and for all?
ADDENDUM: My apologies for my above cynicism are only exceeded by my heartfelt condolences to families and friends of the Nice, France fallen and my wishes for the fullest recovery possible for all who survived this attack.