I don’t particularly enjoy raining on anyone’s parade. However, I’m sure you’d concur that public safety always comes first.
And what could be more dangerous than a man who likely envisions himself the immortal caped crusader… “the chosen one”… the one and only entity who can lock horns with the immutable, implacable forces of nature and, against all odds, emerge the triumphant superhero? Oh really?
To cut to the chase, what remains is Hurricane Donald vs. Hurricane Dorian.
Trying to wrap one’s mind around such an absurdly lopsided, delusional bout… such a stormy state of mind… to say the least… is disconcerting. Donald’s ongoing contention has been that Dorian’s path had been inclusive of Alabama… in spite of the fact that… right from the get-go… professional meteorologists had deemed his claim… Fake News!
Obviously, both sides to this story cannot be true. So, just what the hell IS going on?
Could debilitating narcissism be Trump’s occluded front to reality? Could there be a storm far bigger than Dorian a brewin’ within his noggin… one that could ultimately, utterly, unravel whatever remains of that unfortunate man’s mind?
Granted, we could indulge him were he “merely” obsessing / boasting about his Inauguration Day crowd size (nearly three years after the fact). But… at the risk of repeating myself…
Considering our world threatened by both meteorological and ideological perils, we simply do not have the luxury of ever compromising public safety. PERIOD!
To illustrate how externalized insanity could imperil / impact society, let’s consider two hypothetical cause / effect relationships…
• What if the effect of Trump’s erroneous weather report had caused a panic… one where running for their lives evacuees had trampled one another or they’d been mangled by a multi-vehicular expressway pileup? We’d now be talking about needless injuries / fatalities.
• What if there’s a lasting aftereffect, too, which has totally stripped Trump of all credibility? What if, the very next time he warns us of impending disaster, NOBODY believes him? The failure to heed legitimate warnings… once again… could cause needless injuries / fatalities.
Then, there’s the slew of unanswered questions, too…
• Why is Trump doing this?
• Who does he expect to fool?
• What could he possibly gain?
• Why won’t / can’t his handlers talk him down?
• Why won’t / can’t he admit his fallibility?
• Where is the attempt to restore credibility / dignity to the office?
• When will he sincerely apologize to his compatriots?
• When will he solemnly vow to never do this again?
Let’s momentarily hit the pause button to let this all sink in… to catch our collective breath, too…
Indeed, how tragic this all has become. Instead of this regime attempting to inspire confidence within Americans… indeed… within all caring souls… worldwide… all they can manage to awaken is our nagging, gut feelings that… as I type and you read these words…
One tailor is taking measurements for the inaugural tux and tails to soon be sported by the natty Mike Pence… while, yet, another tailor is doing the same for the straight-jacket to soon be donned by the nutty Donald Trump.