Preface: I post the following content voluntarily; under no pressure other than that exerted by my own good conscience / desire to maintain a fair-minded blogger image. However, I’m in no way legitimizing the conduct of anyone deemed to be of bad conscience; and there will be a slew of them present, below. That duly noted, let’s get ‘er done…
Contained within one of my recent posts, I made the following blanket statement…
“Nazis just like Donald J. Trump and the 74,223,369 Nazis who voted for him last November.”CommonSenseTom • Blog Title: Must See MeTV Tonight! • 11/11/2021
While it’s true that those 74 million voters backed Trump at the ballot box, not all of them are swastika arm-banded, goosestepping, concentration camp commandants itching to preside over a latter-day Holocaust.
But, lest anyone even begin to breathe a sigh of relief; ever be foolhardy enough to grant them blanket amnesty…
We must keep in mind the other ideologies Trumpers harbor; how any particular one of these mindsets (or permutation thereof) could mutate America into a whole different animal; perhaps, even relegate the United States of America to just four words scrawled across a dusty, midldewed, wrinkled, tattered, bullet-riddled, bloodstained map.
Now, generally speaking the Trump camp is in no way monolithic.
Were we to flesh / flush ‘em out we’d discover this “Top” 10 List:
- Low Info Voters who get programmed by his propagandists
- Sycophants who fantasize / feel arousal for their icky “hero”
- Rabid Capitalists who lust after / worship the almighty buck
- Evangelical Christians who blindeye his hedonism/misogyny
- Social Conservatives who incorrectly assess him like-minded
- Q-Anon Conspiracists who are bat-crap crazy; chronically so
- Proud Boys/Domestic Terrorists, who live to see freedom die
- Militant Bigoted Cops who, in error, think he has their backs
- Gun Nut Dudes who cannot otherwise… ahem… measure up
- Chickenhawks who get off on seeing spilt red blood / red ink
Beyond that, I’ve lived out my entire (over three score) lifetime under the influence of this sagacious advisory…
“People will judge you by the company you keep!”My Mother and Father • c1958 and onward
Doubtlessly such sentiments (coupled with my anger re Trump’s January 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol) both played significant roles in my issuing my 11/11/2021 blanket statement.
What a shame the individuals who conform to one (or more of) those 10 classifications cannot conform to my lessons in life; courtesy of my learned folks.
For if they could take such a message to heart, they’d immediately disassociate themselves from Donald J. Trump and, in turn, gradually start shedding their ugly, Nazi sympathizer image.
Stay Publicly / Properly Masked!
Stay Safe at Home!