There’s an especially soul-searching song, which gets frequently aired and streamed during each year-ending holiday season; aptly titled Happy Xmas.
In the time it takes for a scant, human inhalation and exhalation, John Lennon, Yoko Ono and the teamed Harlem Community / Children’s Choirs present the problem and offer up the (conditional) solution; all neatly, lyrically summed up within these scant seven words:
“War is over if you want it.” [full lyrics here]John Lennon / Yoko Ono • c1971
As we know, all too well… wars, are not necessarily of the literal “rockets red glare”, “bombs bursting in air”, shoot ‘em out variety.
In words and deeds, such confrontations wind up “duking it out” as shouting matches taking place on metaphorical battlefields, alas, regrettably of human-UN-kind’s own making.
Let’s briefly flush and flesh them out…
- Microbially: Humanity v. Corona-V
- Ideologically: Progressives v. MAGA Maniacs
- Environmentally: Cool Ecologists v. Hot Headed Deniers
- Socioeconomically: Dirt Poor Impoverished v. Obscenely Wealthy
- Racially/Culturally: People of Color v. White Supremacysts (not a typo)
This distills down to… whether or not humanity gets conquered. Without a concerted cooperative spirit, We WILL lose that war; what few “survivors” that may still exist becoming an endangered species, heading towards extinction. However, the dismal doomsday scenario need not play out IF:
- Microbially: We stop fighting each other; let science referee us.
- Ideologically: We tell Trumpers to shove Fascism up their asses.
- Environmentally: We all concur it’s high time to clean up our act.
- Socioeconomically: We finally put an end to class war / casteism.
- Racially/Culturally: We evaluate others only as being good or bad
If that’s not a sufficiently convincing presentation… doubters must ask themselves:
- Microbially: Do you really want to be conquered by a mindless microbe?
- Ideologically: Does a Fascist’s asphyxiating choke hold really turn you on?
- Environmentally: Do you really wanna get blown away by freakish storms?
- Socioeconomically: Who are you to deny any human being a decent life?
- Racially/Culturally: Can you not grasp how, deep down, we’re all the same?
You may have noticed the liberal usage of the word We. That’s because We is Key to establishing the very cooperative spirit necessary to motivate people.
To encourage humanity to take that first baby step upon the high road to a grown-up, civil society.
Stay Publicly / Properly Masked!
Stay Safe at Home!